Wednesday

Gluten Free Mexican Dip






This dip came to be when I had leftover corn on the cob from a previous meal, three lime wedges, a ready-to-use avocado and a big bag of corn chips staring me in the face. I mean, what's a girl to do other than make a dip? Add some cheese to the mix and you're laughing!


I will definitely make this again, maybe next time adding some black beans and red onion. It's bright and colorful and fresh, the cheesy layer combined with the smooth avocado and crumbled feta gives it that creamy texture you want a dip to have, and the hint of lime makes it taste like something you'd eat in Mexico.



YOU WILL NEED:

1/2 block of cream cheese.
1 small tub of sour cream.
A sprinkling or a dash of hot sauce, taco seasoning or Louisiana Hot & Spicy dip mix by Epicure.

Mix all of this together and spread it on a pie plate or shallow bowl for your base layer.

Grilled corn.
Avocado.
Tomato.
Green or red onion.
Feta cheese.
Fresh lime juice.

Simply layer the above ingredients however you see fit and finish with a generous squeeze of lime juice. Serve it cold with gluten free corn chips like Old Dutch.

* Not so pretty the following day, people. Eat it up!


You're welcome!


Rachel Emmilee
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.