Falling Into Fall


I know, I sound like a broken record.


It's officially my favorite time of year and not just because it's sweater weather or because it's time for pumpkin spice everything - but because the rush of summer is over and it's time to fall back into a routine. And so what if my routine is coming home from work, cooking, eating and then watching three hours of television before going to bed?


Okay, maybe it's not all about good TV - even though I am such a sucker for it - it's just, this time of year is like the start of an extended period of 'Me Time' and who doesn't love 'Me Time'? Having time to play with, time to kill and time to spare is so refreshing after a busy summer. However, let me remind you, I live in a small little village that shuts down once the leaves fall so you have to be very creative with your time to stay sane. This is when I read more, get out more often to exercise, become more organized, spend more time in the kitchen and take on more projects around the house. This is also when I start planning our next vacation - looking forward to a getaway definitely makes the colder months more bearable.


Here are some other things that will get me by.


These weekly classes:
  • Zumba
  • Yoga

These weekend musts:
  • Sunday Farmer's Markets
  • Baking and meal planning.
  • Making pickles and applesauce.
  • Family dinner.
 
These new and returning TV shows:
  • Code Black
  • New Girl
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Mindy Project
  • Kevin Can Wait
  • SNL
  • The Bachelorette Canada (No shame!)

These Books I can't wait to read:



Sydney thinks she’s finally gotten her life together until she discovers that her boyfriend has been cheating on her with who she’d thought was her best friend. After moving out, Sydney is taken in by her neighbor Ridge. He’s a musician, charismatic and sweet, and their chemistry is immediate. But Ridge has secrets of his own that will set Sydney on an even more dramatic emotional roller coaster. Maybe Someday makes you question everything — about friendship, trust, betrayal, and romance.—Sobiya U.


 
 
In Thirteen Reasons Why, characters start receiving tapes from their classmate, Hannah, two weeks after she’s committed suicide. The tapes reveal Hannah’s account of how each person contributed to her death, culminating with Clay Jensen, who was hopelessly in love with her. Waiting to discover how he might have pushed her over the edge will keep you up late, flipping fast through the pages.
—India A.
 


Set in the 1980s, it’s already a nostalgia-filled romp, but what I didn’t expect was how heartbreaking and adorable this romance is. You will cheer and root for Eleanor and Park, bite your nails when things get bad, and lose your mind with love for this adorable underrated story of love.
—Annabelle Burdsal
 
 
A few years ago, I found myself exhausted and isolated, my soul and body sick. I was tired of being tired, burned out on busy. And, it seemed almost everyone I talked with was in the same boat: longing for connection, meaning, depth, but settling for busy. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, writer, and I know all too well that settling feeling. But over the course of the last few years, I’ve learned a way to live, marked by grace, love, rest, and play. And it’s changing everything. - Shauna Niequist

 
These Sewing Patterns:



(Check my @RachelEmmilee 'SEWING' Pinterest Board for links and original sources!) 
 
 
These recipes I can't wait to try:


 

 

 

 

 

(Check my @RachelEmmilee 'YUM' Pinterest Board for the links and original sources!)


 
 

 XO



Comments

  1. love it. I feel exactly the same way! Thanks for the books and recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! This year Eli started school and I have been loving the whole drop off/pickup thing...such a nice little routine every day. To me, September feels more like a fresh start and a new year than January does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.