Home Is Just A Feeling

I am snuggled up on the big chair beside the wood stove in the big room, where I intend to spend my entire winter. My right side is hot to touch from the fire burning beside me, but it's so lovely considering how cold it is outside. It's a dark fall day, the wind is blowing so hard that the draft from the stove is whistling and the tree branches outside are scratching against the windows. 

Sitting here, nestled into my happy place with the computer on my lap, the TV on the Food Network and a pot of tea steeping on the stove, I'm reflecting. I'm feeling a lot of different emotions - mainly a happiness that I can barely describe. I feel so in love with everything. Content, I guess. I am thinking about where I'm at and how I've arrived here and how fortunate I am. I have grown to love our new home so much, despite it being so scary at first... I never thought I would love the quiet so much. I've never thought I'd feel so at home here. Is it the house? Or is it just where I'm at in my life, in my relationship, or within myself? They say home is a feeling, so maybe it is a little of everything. I feel so at home. This is my forever and this is the beginning of a love story so sweet.
See? Told you I was feeling a lot of different emotions.

Now, to take sappiness to another level, a song to reflect my mood...




Comments